Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm a Trash Can Whisperer :o

Today at lunch my friends and I were eating in our usual spots on the platform above the stairs; Me by the garbage can in the corner, Elise and Sam by the trash can on the other wall. Near the end of our lunch hour, something started making a clanging noise. I was sitting right next to the garbage can, when this clanging started. My immediate thought was "Oh no! Someone's trying to bash through the wall!" but I realized how silly that sounded. My second thought was "Oh, the heater/air conditioner must be malfunctioning!" but I knew what the logical explanation really was. Obviously, this trash can was angry at me.

I quickly stood up and walked over to hide behind Sam. I did not want to be eaten by an angry garbage can. Suddenly an idea came to me. What if the trash can was hungry? I desperately looked around for something to feed it. My eyes fell on an apple someone had left on the platform after they had dropped it (and then kicked around >.<). I cautiously picked the apple up and tossed it into the trash can. One more clang, and then... silence. I threw the small remainder of my cheese stick into the bucket, just to be safe.

I always suspected it, but now it is confirmed. I am a trash can whisperer.


3 comments:

  1. BTW, that was/is Auntie Penni. You are one funny kid. Cuter than tirds too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what is better, the picture or the last sentence. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete